December 9, 2008

Santa!


We finally got to SEE Santa! Grandma and Grandpa Barton had a little Christmas party at the assisted living center. Rett was so excited to go and see Santa . . . . until we were next in line! Then he would only go and see Santa if he was with me! So there you have it, both Rett and I got to sit on Santa's lap! (of course, I was the only one doing the talking!) Then, Cole has this great idea that he would get out of sitting on Santa's lap and just steal some of Rett's candy cane -- WRONG! Rett was not going to share for anything . . . so yes, Cole had his turn and got his own candy cane!



This is the best part of the whole night -- while Cole was busy telling Santa about the DS he wants along with the DOGZ game, Rett was sneaking in for another treat! (Sidney was hiding behind the door! Who knows why my kids are frightened of Santa -- could it possibly be my threats to put them on the "naughty" list!!)

Now for the bad news . . . I know you were all waiting for the fun Thanksgiving photos, well, I went to post them last night and you wouldn't believe it . . . no photos on the memory card. I didn't get them downloaded and now they are gone! I have realized something this week and called Mom to tell her -- "Nothing is my own anymore!!" All she could do was laugh and tell me it will never be! So -- one of those kids must have got a hold of the camera and deleted all of the wonderful Thanksgiving photos -- the best photo that will be missed is one of Rett kissing Gretchen's sister-in-law's dog. The dog standing on his hind legs and Rett leaning in for a kiss! DANG! Yes, we had a great Thanksgiving. Spent the day with Dale's sister, Gretchen and her family. I baked my usual rolls, pies, and chex mix!

Other missing photos included those of our newest family member, Charles. After much begging and Dale finally telling me we are too hard on the kids and we should let them have a pet -- we found Charles, the hamster! (I will take new photos of him and post them soon!) He is a very nice little guy and rarely bites, but the other night -- he was up playing on his wheel ALL NIGHT long! The kids had left him in the living room. Needless to say -- both Dale and I were up all night with the noise of the wheel and questioned what we were possibly thinking in letting the them get a pet!! So -- last night, Charles slept in the bathroom upstairs (Cole wakes up with his running too --so he is banned from their room)! I went to check on the kids before putting myself to bed last night and there Sid was -- curled up on the bathroom floor with her blanket, right next to Charles! (She is protecting him from being thrown out in the shed!)

Last, but not least, Cole lost his second tooth! He was so excited and wanted me to take a picture for the blog -- yes, that too is now gone!

So there you have it -- the Gierisch happenings in a nut shell!

5 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

You are one brave Mama! Living for 2 years on a ranch pretty much confirmed to me that I will NEVER allow anything that could be classified as a rodent in my house. I had my fill of mouse poop all over the place. Hamsters and gerbils just bare too much of a resemblance! YUCK!

HEY, I hope we are going to get to see you at some point over Christmas. We need to have a big game night with everyone. That would be WAY too much fun!

Devin & Shalise said...

I think it is so funny you have Charles!! Poor Sid... well we know she will be a great mom... protecting her baby from being thrown in the shed!

Can't wait to see you soon!!
Love ya!!

[Morgan] said...

he heh. what did you ask santa for?

K and D Roylance said...

So you have a hampster?!?....just one more thing to keep you up at night! Oh well at least you don't have 3 cats sleeping with you to keep warm!

Kennen said...

Love the santa pictures, especially yours. What did you ask for??

When is the chex mix going to be ready?