All of you know -- we LOVE to wait to get the tree put up! Yes -- today was the day!! With just 10 days left until Christmas, the kids could wait no longer. We did it! We loaded in the car -- mind you, it is about 20 degrees outside and the wind is blowing. As we arrive at the tree lot, Cole notices the trees are now 50% off (see it pays to wait)! We get out, tell the nice gentleman stoking a fire we need a beautiful, small tree. The kids went staight to the tree they wanted -- $20.00 later -- we are now the proud owners of a beautiful 5 foot tree! We were in and out of the car in about 3 minutes flat!! As you can see, Rett thought we were nuts for getting out in that weather!
One side note -- Dale is frantically working to finish his work in the Draper temple -- so needless to say, he is out of the house at 6:30 a.m. and gets home at about 9:30 p.m. -- the kids think he is out of town all week.
Back to the events of the evening. Sidney and Cole haul the tree in. After much discussion I had with the lovely tree stand to get it to work, I finally did it. I put the thing together "by myself!!" Cole then tries to help me put the tree in that darn thing. Just when I think we have it -- Cole lets go of the tree and there it goes -- leaning to the right. I had to call Ernie to the rescue!! Ernie stopped by and had that lovely tree standing straight and tall within 5 minutes! Thanks Ernie. Now -- thats not all. Cole and I check the string of lights we had to make sure they worked. All is well -- lets get to decorating! I string the lights around the entire tree -- plug those babies in and WHAM -- there are only about 20 out of 100 lights that work!! Just my luck! Oh well -- it looks beautiful! The kids put all the ornaments on this year, finished that tree and we are READY FOR CHRISTMAS!! Come soon Santa . . . Please bring us a new string of lights!
4 comments:
Jana, you almost have me convinced to go with a real tree from now on. That is SUCH a pretty tree and so much more fun for the kids.
Thank goodness for ERNIE! What a good guy! I am so glad we have got him!
That's a cute tree! Congratulations!
I love it!! It is the perfect size. I can't believe how much Sid has changed... maybe it is the contacts but she looks so big now! We cannot wait... 4 more days!!!
Well at least you have a tree! Glad to see that you haven't changed your tree traditions. It looks cute.
Post a Comment