The day finally arrived. The day we would take one of our children in for emergency care! I must say we have done pretty good since Sidney is now 10. But, you know -- if you know Rett -- he would be our first. Lisa took the kids to the park today for lunch. Dale got a call just after noon letting him know Rett had fallen and was "bleeding all over the place" and needed stitches. Rett was trying to reach the picnic table, slipped and smacked his head on the concrete. Dale and Lisa met me at the Instacare and sure enough, Rett got 2 staples in his forehead and a Tetanus shot to top it off! I must say staples are easier than I thought. We didn't have to go through the trauma of the numbing shot or anything -- just BAM-BAM two staples and you're done! By the time the doctor was finished treating Rett, he definitely was not Rett's friend. So -- I can't wait to go back next week and have the staples taken out!
6 comments:
Poor little Rett-Roo! It looks so sore. I'll bet he got a whopper of a headache!
Aside from that, I can't believe how big he is! He's changing so fast. I was trying to remember the last time I saw you guys. Was it really Kyle's & Serene's wedding? We definitely need to plan a trip!
I know exactly how you feel. I am hoping any future children won't send me to the emergency room as much as Taylor has. We have been there 3 times and she if nearly 4! Not the best experiences of my life.
Can't believe that you haven't had an emergency visits for that long. Do you kids have guardian angels or what?! It seems like it was a once a month occurance with some of my kids! So how was girls camp?
Awe man! Poor Buddy!
Ellie had staples once and it was pretty crazy to watch!
Hope he's feeling a little better!
Well, you will think twice before leaving the kids in Lisa's care next time won't you?! Oh man, I bet she felt bad, and still does. (Hopefully we are talking about the same Lisa here!)
He IS getting big! What a cute little mug!
Is he really your first casualty? How was girls camp? Do you have any pictures? I'll have to hear the report when we get home.
Post a Comment