So this year I decided to get a little creative by making our own halloween decorations. And everyone knows I'm not a big decorator but this year I decided, What the heck! A gal at work told me about it and it sounded pretty easy. Ours didn't turn out like planed, but me and Sid had fun making them! The boys lost intrest in the firs 3 minutes. Here is how to make a cute little ghost family:Materials- cheese cloth, balloons or newspaper, wax paper, wire clothes hanger, Elmers glue.Step 1: Make the form (wad up 1 big newspaper for the head, and 2 smaller ones for the hands. Balloons will work too. Tape the head to a 2liter bottle, or smaller for a smaller ghost. Unbend a wire clothes hanger, and shape them into arms. Tape the 2 smaller newspapers and tape them to the ends.)
Step 2: Tape down some wax paper on the floor or wherever you are making them, so glue dosen't get all over. Put the forms on top. Make a mixture of 3 parts glue to 1 part water. Dip the cheese cloth in the mixture untill covered. Unfold, Like Sid!
Step 3: Drape the cheese cloth over the form, shaping it to look like a ghost. Let dry and peel off. Cut felt for eyes and mouth and glue on. Place in window ontop of a eletric candle or something for ghostish affect.
The little one behind Rett is a Sunny-D bottle, for a smaller ghost. Have Fun!
2 comments:
You get bonus mom points for not just doing something crafty and festive but doing something messy!
Can't wait to see them.
Have I told you lately how much I love working with your daughter? I do.
(Still miss working with you though.)
Those look like fun. I'll have to see if Tyler is up to a little crafting fun. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment