July 9, 2009

JULY 4, 2009


A July 4th we will never forget!! Last weekend was very eventful for our family! Cole was to be baptized on Saturday and Dale was to be ordained to the office of a High Priest. Both were to happen on Saturday morning. Wednesday, Rett and Cole start with runny noses. (okay just a little cold -- no big deal). Daelyn came to town on Thursday to participate and help with the events. We spent Thursday and Friday preparing - but not without hitches! We had throw up, coughs, we had rain, Dale had so many interuptions in getting the lawn mowed that as of Friday night -- the lawn was still needing to be mowed for the big day!

Saturday morning starts early when Cole wakes up at 5:30 -- SICK!! So sick he can't get his head off the pillow. Dale and I layed on the living room floor with him for an hour debating if we should cancel the baptizm or go through with it. Finally at about 7:30 a.m. we decided Cole was too sick to be baptized that day and we would have to reschedule. (I did however, make a phone call and ask that the water be kept in the font -- just in case he felt better in a couple of hours). We called all the family and informed them we would just be doing the ordination that morning and all were invited to come and eat -- as we were prepared to PARTY!! As miracles do happen, just 10 minutes before leaving for the church for Dale's ordination, Cole gets off the bed and states "I want to be baptized today." He had looked forward to this day for so long -- that he just couldn't put it off! There is no doubt he had help in feeling well enough to complete his bapitzm. We gathered up all he would need and headed to the church. A quick song, thoughts by Kyle, baptism, confirmation -- DONE! This was one of the most amazing baptizms I have ever witnessed. As soon as we got home --- Cole was back to bed. The end of the story -- Cole saw the doctor on Sunday, was diagnosed with the start of pnemonia. Started antibiotic and he is feeling better! A July 4th we will never forget!


Aunt Dae and Sid


Sid ate 10 -- yes 10 -- pieces of watermelon for lunch!


Rett couldn't get enough Grandpa swinging him!



Brigham was just happy to be there!


Driveway fireworks -- the best! Rett loved to dance with sparklers!


Sid and Rett dancing in the smoke bombs! I know you all did this when you were kids! Love that smell!

5 comments:

Mike said...

Congratulations Dale! and Cole! Hey we are down in Lubbock and I might have a chance to do some touch up work on the leafing in the temple! Did you do Lubbock?

Mike
corsairmo@gmail.com

Devin & Shalise said...

I am so sad I missed the crazy July 4th weekend you had! I am not sad I missed the throw up, I've had enough of that here. I can't believe how much Rett is starting to look like Cole. In a couple of those pictures his hair looks like its getting darker. That little Briggs is so cute :)

[Morgan] said...

way to go cole! that's amazing. and congrats to dale too.
looks like you had a fun/crazy holiday weekend!

Kennen said...

Finally an update! Glad you made it through all the craziness.

hine.T said...

Sounds like it was an awesome 4th for you guys. Glad you had the whole family there to share in that blessed weekend! Congratulations Cole & Dale!