April 7, 2009

A Weekend for Two!


It has been such a long time since Dale and I have had a little get away! Dale has been in Seattle for four weeks now and I decided to go and visit him (minus three kids) for the weekend!! Serene and Brigham traveled with me to go and see Kyle (my brother). We had such a great time - it was a "no schedules" weekend!


We did everything we wanted to! My favorite was the ferry ride! We decided to take the ferry to this little island 35 minutes out. The weather was perfect. This was the first day Dale had seen the sun since he got there! He even saw Mt. Rainer for the first time while I was there! It was so relaxing to sit on the back of the boat and watch the water and see the skyline! Picture perfect!

We decided to go to Pikes Place Market on Saturday -- big mistake. I did get to take in all the tulips -- they are my favorite and I decided if I lived there, I would have a fresh bouquet on my table at all times -- how could I resist a bouquet of the biggest tulips you have ever seen was only $10.00! It truly was so crowded we couldn't see anything to shop, so we decided to walk to the Space Needle. We walked everywhere -- I definitely got my exercise time in!


We only saw rain on Thursday -- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were gorgeous, sunny days. Just what we needed!


On Sunday, before we had to catch our plane out, we decided to go and have breakfast at the Salish Lodge. This is a little Lodge and Spa getaway place. We were seated for breakfast right next to the windows that overlooked the Snoqualmie Falls. A perfect ending to a weekend date with my husband!! Ahhhh . . . when can I go again . . . . (This date was made possible only with the help of Grandma Lynnea who watched three kids for 4 days!! Thanks Grandma -- hope you have recovered!!)

7 comments:

Kennen said...

I'm glad you got to take a little break. You guys look like honeymooners! You'll have to fill me in on all the details!?? I miss talking.

[Morgan] said...

3 days sans children? so jealous.

Mike said...

wow guys that sounds like fun! Kate and I have been to Snoqualmie Falls too. Did you hike down to the lookout point? Its really cool. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got some time alone with Dale. I know you had a wonderful time. I have not ever been there. I would love the flowers too. That was one of my favorite things about Hawaii and Cancun. The plants and flowers are so big and pretty.

Devin & Shalise said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I think you should work something out with Grandma Lynnea and make it a tradition :)

hine.T said...

Gorgeous pics! Wish I could've taken time to see Seattle as honeymooner, and not mom toting 3 kids while preg. Bah humbug!

Marcie said...

Cute pictures of you guys together. I love Seattle, it is so pretty and I love the smell of the ocean.