Daddy's Home!!! Tradition still holds -- whenever Dale drives to the job, he likes to surprise us and come home unexpectedly. So -- yesterday was the day! I called Dale around 5:00 last night and I kept thinking "He is driving home. . . " So, I asked him and sure enough he said, "I'll see you in three hours!" We decided to keep it a surprise for the kids.
The kids and I were invited to dinner at our neighbors house (Lisa's) last night. All of a sudden I realized it was 7:30, so I told the kids, "We have to hurry home, American Idol is coming on." As we were walking home, Cole decided to run ahead of us. Just as he turned the corner of our driveway, he stopped, turned around -- his eyes as big as silver dollars -- as yelled "DADDY'S HOME!" Sid and Rett ran faster and all three kids ran in the house to find Daddy waiting! I couldn't have planned it any better! What a great surprise after 6 weeks he is finally home and just in time for Spring Break with the kids! It is going to be a great weekend
5 comments:
Oh cute!! That is very exciting. I am glad he is home safely!!
I'm so glad he's home safe and sound and just in time to enjoy the lovely snow!
jana, you are awesome. one tough cookie/mama.
glad dale is home safe and sound.
enjoy your time together!!!
I love surprises!!! Cute!
hey! i posted a sesame street video on my blog today that i KNOW you will appreciate... you'll have to check it out. ha!
Post a Comment