March 3, 2009

She Keeps on Growing . . .

Slippin' though my fingers all the time . . .

Sid is officially entering the world of womanhood. We are getting into the Spring weather (YEA!) and I told Sidney last year, that this year I would let her shave her legs. Poor soul -- she got stuck with my hairy legs -- long, dark hair. She was so embarrassed last year playing soccer, swimming, just wearing shorts! So -- Sid decided she wants to wear shorts to school tomorrow -- you know what that meant -- the hairy legs had to go!! How could I say no -- a promise is a promise . . .
Sidney may not have any boobs, but she now has clean shaven legs without one nick of the razor!

9 comments:

[Morgan] said...

hehe. he.
i had to sneak to shave the first time and i cut my legs up pretty badly!
oh squidly, shaving already!

Gear Gang said...

Oh, I so remember those days. I was blessed with the long dark hair too! I started shaving my legs in 4th grade- I was the only girl who did, so they voted me nicest legs on the last day of school. Whoa! that was a blast from the past.

I miss you guys and can't wait to see you. Soon I hope.

Devin & Shalise said...

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe how fast she is going up! That is awesome. This think I snuck a razor and shaved my legs cause Daelyn made fun of my hairy legs!! I can't believe I remember that!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

NO WAY!! I can't believe she is old enough. I am sure I was her age, likely younger because I was a turd, when I shaved for the first time. I can honestly say that I despise those with the sparse blonde hairs on their legs! SERIOUSLY! How is that even fair?! I totally have man hairy legs...if I let them go that far! :)

Tia said...

Wow. I can't believe she's already that old! I'm nervous for my girls to get old enough to shave. Next thing you know she'll be borrowing the car!

Ernie and Anita Thornton said...

I'm so glad you're letting her shave and she DOESN'T have to sneak to do it. Sounds like most of us had to start out that way. I don't know why we didn't think our Mom's wouldn't notice all the hair at the drain of the bathtub!
Love you, Grandma

hine.T said...

I'm loving the MAMMA MIA reference! haha! And I can hear her (if reading your blog) saying "Oh MOM! Why did you have to tell everyone!" LOL!
Congratulations on a step into womanhood Sid! =)

Kennen said...

No. . . . it can't be. I remember the day you made me call the lab to get the pregnancy test results when you were in denial about being pregnant with her!! You are getting old. . .

And I'm glad to see you posting again.

Dae said...

Noooooooooooo! This totally makes me want to cry. I'm seriously holding back the tears...no kidding! This is the WORST part of living so far away. I'm missing way too much.

Mom helped me shave for the first time then I went to a song practice at the church. It's weird to have smooth legs for the first time. I definitely felt grown up & that I belonged in YW. I was 12. Holy cow...I've been shaving for 26 years!!

Love you Sid!